Mitsui Chemicals Inc’s Milastomer™ is a Thermoplastic Olefinic Elastomer which benefits from Mitsui’s years of expertise and experience in plastics and synthetic rubber manufacturing. It is available in various grades from soft, like vulcanized rubber, to semi-hard, like RIM urethane. Unlike traditional rubber, this elastomer does not need compounding or vulcanization by the end user and every grade of Milastomer can be molded or extruded similar to polyethylene and polypropylene. Like PVC, Milastomer has excellent moldability when processed on calendering machines.
Thermoplastic Olefinic Elastomer Characteristics
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent long-term stability
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Superb heat resistance
- Excellent moldability, especially for composite molding with other polyolefins
- High weatherablity
- Light weight and recyclable
- Low temperature stability
- Non-halogenated emissions when disposed of by combustion
- Superb electrical characteristics
Thermoplastic Olefinic Elastomer Applications
- Automotive parts: Sheeting with leatherlike surfaces for automotive interior trims, including dash boards, doors and headliners
- Glass run channels and weather strips
- Waterproof sheets, gaskets, home window weather strips, frames, etc.
Milastomer™ is a trademark of Mitsui Chemicals Group.